[R] correspondence analysis question

Data Analytics Corp. dataanalytics at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 26 23:26:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a matrix of 31 rows and 8 columns.  The rows represent attributes
of a product and the columns represent segments in a market.  The cell
values are utilities scaled so that the sum of the utilities across
attributes for a segment equals 100.  I want to find which attributes
are closely related to which segments.  I ran a CA on the matrix and got
an interesting plot.  For example, attributes 4 and 6 are "close" to
segment 1 and rows 1 and 2 are "close" to segment 7.  Is there any way
to calculate a measure of "closeness" from the ca output so that I can
develop groups of attributes for each segment?  I'd like to be able to
have a list of attributes for each segment and a weight on how important
(close?) an attribute is for that segment.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Walt

--

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.