[R] R version-2.9.1 for Linux

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Jun 30 14:13:03 CEST 2009

On Jun 30, 2009, at 1:20 AM, utkarshsinghal wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am currently using R version 2.8.1 on linux cent os 4.4 (i386) and
> want to upgrade to version 2.9.1. It seems to me that version-2.9.1 is
> it not for my OS.
> Am I right?
>

> Regards
> Utkarsh

R for CentOS (and RHEL) is available via the Extra Packages for
Enterprise Linux (EPEL). More information on how to use the EPEL is
here:

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

At the moment, it would appear that they have not yet released 2.9.1,
but they do have 2.9.0 as can be seen here:

   http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/4/i386/repoview/R-
core.html

There is usually a bit of a delay in the Fedora/EPEL repos releasing a
new version of R, but I would expect to see something soon.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz