[R] probleme with savePlot (to eps)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 08:14:55 CET 2009

I don't see an OS mentioned in this thread.  There are two separate
functions called savePlot(), one for Windows devices and one for
cairo-based X11(); the latter being quite recent.

We do ask for 'at a minimum information' in the posting guide, and
providing this helps the readers to know which functions are being
asked about.

Basically savePlot works by copyig the internal bitmap representation
of the screeen image to a file.  However, on Windows (because this is
used for the menus of the windows() device), it also implements an
internal form of dev.copy.

If you want to copy a screen device to postscript portably, use
dev.copy2eps().