[R] R-code help for filtering with for loop

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Mon Mar 2 11:52:08 CET 2009

Dear John,

It looks like you are stuck in both the second and the third circle of
the R inferno (http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/R_inferno.pdf)

You problem is easy to vectorise.

#could the number of columns >= 64 in each row
NumCols <- rowSums(datax >= 64)
#select rows with at least one column >= 64
datax[NumCols >= 1, ]

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey