[R] portable R editor

Werner Wernersen pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 2 17:07:30 CET 2009

Hi,

I have been dreaming about a complete R environment on my USB stick for a long time. Now I finally want to realize it but what I am missing is a good, portable editor for R which has tabs and syntax highlighting, can execute code, has bookmarks and a little project file management facility pretty much like Tinn-R has those. I like Tinn-R but it seems like there is only a very old version of Tinn-R which works standalone.

Can anyone recommend an adequate editor?

Many thanks and all the best,
  Werner