[R] Inefficiency of SAS Programming

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 13:11:12 CET 2009

2009/3/3 Jim Lemon <jim at bitwrit.com.au>:
> Ajay ohri wrote:
>>
>> for an " inefficient " language , it sure has dominated the predictive
>> analytics world for 3 plus decades.
>> I referred once to intellectual jealousy between newton and liebnitz.
>>
>> i am going ahead and creating the R package called "Anne".
>>

> If you want to market this, Ajay, I'd suggest a name like SASsieR.

 Nice name. I'd call it 'Ursas', which works on several levels:

 1. U-R-SAS.  (pun on You Are SAS, or You R-SAS)

 2. Ur-SAS. (Germanic prefix Ur- meaning 'proto' or 'primitive')[1]

 3. Ursas (from Latin 'Ursa' meaning 'bear', because it seems very few
R users can bear SAS)

Barry

[1] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ur-