[R] FW: partial residual plots

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Mar 3 14:51:25 CET 2009

Dear Dwayne,

I didn't see your post until now, because our email system was down all day
yesterday.

Mark Difford has already pointed your towards the cr.plots() and
ceres.plots() functions in the car package.

In your description of what you want to do, you mention the "adjusted
explanatory variable." This sounds more like an added-variable plot than a
component + residual plot (although the vertical axis of the AV is not the
partial residual). In any event, AV plots are not recommended as diagnostics
for nonlinearity.

I hope this helps,
 John

------------------------------
John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
web: socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox

On
> Behalf Of Culp, Dwayne
> Sent: March-02-09 9:42 AM
> To: R-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] FW: partial residual plots
>
> I was advised someone might be able to help me with this.
>
> Very truly yours,
>
> Dwayne E. Culp, P.E., CFM
>
> Effective February 8,  2009, my contact information becomes:
> Dwayne E. Culp, P.E., CFM | JACOBS  ENGINEERING GROUP : North American
> Infrastructure | Manager: Hydrology & Hydraulics Section  | 5995 Rogerdale
> Road- B2047B | Houston, TX 77072 | 281-776-2109 | 832.351.7766 Fax |
> 713.898.1977 Mobile | Dwayne.Culp at Jacobs.com
<mailto:Dwayne.Culp at Jacobs.com>