[R] RES: xlsReadWrite package repository for Ubuntu

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Mar 3 15:00:37 CET 2009

That is fine if you only have one or two R objects to write out to CSV
files and then read them into Excel. It becomes rapidly tedious as the
number of objects increases.

If you go back and read my original post, the incentive for me to write
the Perl routine was that I had to create an Excel file for clients that
contained a "large" number of tabs, each tab containing data from an R
data frame. My clients are on Windows, I have been on Linux.

In many cases, the number of data frames was >20. Thus, creating that
number of CSV files, importing each one into a separate tab into a
single Excel and naming each tab appropriately (in my case, using
OO.org's Calc) became very tedious.

The Perl routing automates that process, saving a great deal of time and
reducing the potential for error.

Regards,

Marc