[R] R and Citrix - Lotus notes

Gerard M. Keogh GMKeogh at justice.ie
Wed Mar 4 12:57:51 CET 2009

Dear  All,

1. Does anyone have experience of running R on a server inside a Citrix
shell - I'd like to get R onto the server and would be greatful for any
tips or direction on the matter.

2. This may seem like a silly question so forgive my ignornace.
Most of the data I currently work with is held on a number of Lotus Notes
(LN) Databases (well it's called a DB here but it's really a document
management system) and in this environment I have to export files to text
and then read the file.
Is it possible to access LN tables directly using R - has anyone tried or
is there a package that'll help?

thanks

Gerard

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  It is the policy of the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and the Agencies and Offices using its IT services to disallow the sending of offensive material.
Should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailminder[at]justice.ie.

Is le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis ar a bhfuil sí dírithe, agus le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis sin amháin, a bheartaítear an fhaisnéis a tarchuireadh agus féadfaidh sé go bhfuil ábhar faoi rún agus/nó faoi phribhléid inti. Toirmisctear aon athbhreithniú, atarchur nó leathadh a dhéanamh ar an bhfaisnéis seo, aon úsáid eile a bhaint aisti nó aon ghníomh a dhéanamh ar a hiontaoibh, ag daoine nó ag eintitis seachas an faighteoir beartaithe. Má fuair tú é seo trí dhearmad, téigh i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir, le do thoil, agus scrios an t-ábhar as aon ríomhaire. Is é beartas na Roinne Dlí agus Cirt, Comhionannais agus Athchóirithe Dlí, agus na nOifígí agus na nGníomhaireachtaí a úsáideann seirbhísí TF na Roinne, seoladh ábhair cholúil a dhícheadú.
Más rud é go measann tú gur ábhar colúil atá san ábhar atá sa teachtaireacht seo is ceart duit dul i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir láithreach agus le mailminder[ag]justice.ie chomh maith.