[R] change individual label colours in a cluster plot?

Sur Nathan surendar.swaminathan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:21:00 CET 2009

Hi Jim,

  How are you?  I saw your posting. I am trying to do clustering for co
authorship.What I have is undirected graph .I want to have clusters for 393
nodes.

I am attaching the file along with this mail.If you move to the section
Cluster I am looking to do something like that.Is it something you are
familiar with.

Can you tell me how you did it in R.

Nathan

Jim Ottaway wrote:

>> Hi,
>
>> If you have a variable, that defines what you want to differentiate
>> (sociology, economics etc.) then you can add color depending on the
>> value of that variable. You will have to convert it to numeric if it is
>> not. An example would be
>
>> plot( iris[ , 1 ], iris[ , 2], col = iris[ , 3 ] )
>

> Thank you.  I'm not sure that I can do that with an hclust object,
> though: perhaps something using the text function and the order data in
> the hclust object might work?
>
> Currently, I'm good getting results using a script to edit the
> postscript output, but I'm keen to find an R solution, if only to
> improve my understanding of R graphicss.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> --
> Jim Ottaway

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22336078/Clustering%2BTechnique.pdf