[R] how to create many variables at one time?

Eik Vettorazzi E.Vettorazzi at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 4 22:45:25 CET 2009

Hi Manli,
you may consider structuring your data in some appropriate form like
data.frame or list. Its often not the best way holding information
separated in many variables.
But if you *really* want to create 100 separate variables, something like

for (i in 1:100) assign(paste("X",i,sep=""), some_values)

will do the job.