[R] Week value function

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Mar 7 19:20:17 CET 2009

I am not seeing anything but that proves nothing of course. You could
write your own function and stick it in the .First of your .Rprofile
files that get loads at startup.

Details here:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Lemon-kickstart/kr_first.html

week.dBY <- function(x) format(strptime(x, "%d%B%Y") ,  "%W")

 > dt<-"07JAN2009"
 > week.dBY(dt)
[1] "01"  # a character valued vector

Gives "00" for "01JAN2009" but you can adjust that behavior to your
specifications. You could also convert to numeric if desired:

 > nweek.dBY <- function(x) as.integer(format(strptime(x, "%d%B%Y") ,
"%W"))
 > nweek.dBY(dt)
[1] 1

--