[R] R console misc questions

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 16:51:49 CET 2009

If you are like many users of the Mac, the R GUI called R.app in your
Applications Folder will be the way you start R. If that is the case
for you, then you should change the console font size settings in the
GUI menu with Format::Font::Bigger.

As far as I can see on my Mac there is no Rconsole file (or ~/etc
folder for that matter). The only such file that shows up on a search
is on an old file left over from the days when I was using R on Windows.

If you want packages loaded at the time of startup you will need to
create an .Rprofile file. That is going to require that you get your
editor to create a system file (i.e., one that starts with a period),
which means in Terminal that you would need to uncheck a couple of
defaults. See the R for Mac OS X FAQ which should be available within
the GUI.

Further questions of this sort should go to the R-SIG-Mac mailing list:

r-sig-mac at stat.math.ethz.ch

--
David Winsemius