[R] odfWeave & xtable still best packages to produce tables?

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 12:58:08 CET 2009

Just a quick question - I did a quick search of the R-search (http://search.r-project.org/nmz.html) [thanks to David Winsemius for recommending this neat R search engine] and R-seek (http://www.rseek.org/) trying to find a package(s) in order to produce publication quality tables.

I found several references to odfWeave and xtable.  My question is, are those still best R packages to produce publication quality tables tables from R?

Thank you for any feedback and insights.

P.S. I know I should be trying to "Using Graphs Instead of Tables", but some customers (bosses) still like seeing tables.  Thanks again:)