[R] RServe

Maxl18 maximilianwoerle at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:34:32 CET 2009

Dear all,

I'm trying to use R-functions from Java. I want to use the Package Rserve.
Everthing is installed and I can run my Java-testprogramm.

Rconnection r = new Rconnection();
double[] d = r.eval("rnorm(10)").asDoubleArray();

But now I get always arrays with ten "0.0", which is not correct

I suppose, that is is a problem from R, because at the fist time (last week)
I started RServe I got an icon in my taskbar which was something about a R
server. But I never got it since then...
I tried to reinstall R, but it didn't help.

Where is teh problem and what can I do?

Thanks a lot, Max