[R] Mixed models fixed effects

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 18:30:16 CET 2009

Hi Simon,

Carefull, someone is likely to tell you that the "bible" is Pinheiro, J.C.,
and Bates, D.M. (2000) "Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-PLUS", Springer, and
that would be much closer to being correct. Others might mention something
by Searle. Nothing against Crawley, of course. But it usually is better to
get close to the source, and to the active researchers in the field. One
nice thing about the first reference (there are many others) is that Prof.
Bates is an active contributor to this list and to the SIG mixed-models list
(which he maintains):

Check it out.

Regards, Mark.