[R] Windows binary version of DPpackage

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 10:12:58 CET 2009

The package does not install under Windows: see

http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-windows-ix86/DPpackage-00check.html

The maisntainer has been informed (probably many times via the
automated notification system).  With 1700 packages, the volunteers
have no time to spend correcting packages for non-responsive
maintainers (we do quite a lot for responsive ones).

The posting guide suggested you contact him first: did you get a
response?

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Debabrata Midya wrote:

> Dear R users,
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> I am Deb, Statistician at NSW Department of Commerce, Sydney.
>
> I am using R 2.8.1 on Windows XP.
>
> This has reference to the package ???DPpackage???.  The binary version is
> available on Mac OS, but I am using Windows XP.
>
> May I request you to assist me in the followings:
> How can I prepare Windows binary of DPpackage from source?

Follow the rw-FAQ, set yourself up to compile source packages, try
this one, find the errors, correct them, use the package you compiled.

>    2. Is there any possibility to have a copy of Windows binary of
> DPpackage in the near future in the site http://www.cran.r-project.org/?

Only if the maintainer submits a corrected version.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk