[R] How to combine xtable and minipage with Sweave ?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Mar 16 11:40:11 CET 2009

Ptit_Bleu wrote:
> Dear Duncan,
>
> Thanks for the tips, but I haven't found a way to modify your solution so
> that I can include a table and not a graph (includegraphics works for
> graphs, I need an 'includetable', I think).

Sorry, I misread your request.  (I saw the letters t, a, b, l, e and
read "figure".)  You need xtable to make a compatible header for your
table.  I haven't read the whole thread, but I think the problem is in
using \begin{table}, rather than just going straight into a tabular
environment.   I believe you can avoid this by using the argument
"floating=FALSE" when you print the xtable.   So the code in your Sweave
file would look something like

print(xtable(rg), include.rownames=F, size="\\tiny", floating=FALSE)

See ?print.xtable for more options if this doesn't work.

Duncan Murdoch