[R] errors when install RSQLite

Dongyan Song yzhskdls at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:41:47 CET 2009

Dear all,

I am trying to install RSQLite package since I want to install "sqldf", and
I used
>> install.packages("RSQLite") first, which gave Error message as below:

make: *** [RS-DBI.o] Error 1
chmod: cannot access `/usr/lib/R/library/RSQLite/libs/*': No such file or
directory
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'RSQLite'
** Removing '/usr/lib/R/library/RSQLite'
** Restoring previous '/usr/lib/R/library/RSQLite'

The downloaded packages are in
	/tmp/RtmpZwBFdo/downloaded_packages
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Warning message:
In install.packages("RSQLite") :
  installation of package 'RSQLite' had non-zero exit status

And then I tried
# R CMD INSTALL RSQLite_0.7-1.tar.gz
# R CMD INSTALL
--configure-args=--with-sqlite3-dir=/usr/lib/sqlite-3.6.11/bld/
RSQLite_0.7-1.tar.gz
# R CMD INSTALL --configure-args=--with-sqlite-dir=/usr/bin
RSQLite_0.7-1.tar.gz
and all of them gave similar error messages.

I have sqlite installed in my computer, in the directory /usr/bin, and I do
not have a clue how to install it then. Thank you for help!

Best,
Dongyan Song