[R] Extreme AIC or BIC values in glm(), logistic regression

Gad Abraham gabraham at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Mar 20 02:39:02 CET 2009

Maggie Wang wrote:
> Hi, Dieter, Gad, and all,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply!
>
> So here is my data,  you can copy it into a file names "sample.txt"

Hi Maggie,

With this data (allowing for more iterations) I get:

> lr <- glm(fo, family=binomial(link=logit), data=matrix,
control=glm.control(maxit=100))
Warning message:
In glm.fit(x = X, y = Y, weights = weights, start = start, etastart =
etastart,  :
   fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred

which indicates, as Thomas has said, perfect separation, which occurs
because you're trying to fit too many variables with not enough data.

Cheers,
Gad

--
Gad Abraham