[R] lmer

Anne Kempel kempel at ips.unibe.ch
Fri Mar 20 14:52:06 CET 2009

Sorry for bothering you - but I have a little problem. I`m completely
new in R and trying to use lmer. That works, but I m not sure if my code
is right, so I would just like to get an opinion from the experts.

I have a Growthrate of plants (RGR
Fixed Factors: Fertilizer, Status (alien or native plants) and their
interaction
Random Factors: Age is a covariable; than I have plantfamily and Species
nested within Family.
Now I want also to test for the interaction of Fertilizer with
plantfamily and species. Did I do this the right way, and is the 0+
necessary?

model<-lmer(RGR~Fertilizer+Status+Fertilizer:Status+(1|Age)+(1|Family/Species)+(0+Fertilizer|Family/Species),data=rgr)

I`m thankful for any comments!
anne

--
Anne Kempel