[R] Plot and Boxplot in the same graph

johnhj jharris at web.de
Sun Mar 22 12:18:19 CET 2009

I tried to do it with:

> y <- rnorm(100)
> x <- gl(2,50)
> boxplot(x,y)
> points(x,y)

But the problem is, that the the y coordinates are shown for the boxplot and
not for "points(x,y)"
Is it possible to show the graph with the (x,y) coordinates with the
points() function and the boxplots only for the x coordinates. A better
solution could be to have a seperated y axis on the left side for the
boxplots().

Is it possible to do it in this was ?