[R] how to save a plot in a given size in inches or centimeters

Lo_Lo tchibadou at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:38:12 CET 2009

Hi there !

I'm ploting graphics and I'd like to save them as a .jpeg file for example,
but with a given size (in inches or cm).

I tryed the function windows() but I think it just changes the size of the
window and not the size of the graph that you're saving.

Then I tryed with the function par(din=(width=... height=...) ) but I guess
it's protected and I can't change the values.

Finally I tryed with jpeg(file, units="in", width=..., height=...) but R
asks me for another argument "res" that is supposed to be res=72 dpi or
res=NA (I found those values in the R-help). It still doesn't work...
Because of problems of margin, or "can't create a bitmap file" or something
different again...

Could you give me some advice guys ? It sounds basic to me :) but I'm
stupidly trapped and I can't find any solutions !!

Thanks a lot