[R] How to set up a function for "Central Limit Theorem"

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Mon Mar 23 20:14:18 CET 2009

Ivan:

While you're figuring out how to execute the CLT in R you may find my
automated examples informative.

http://StatisticalEngineering.com/central_limit_theorem.htm

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On
Behalf Of pfc_ivan
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 1:31 PM
To: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: [R] How to set up a function for "Central Limit Theorem"

Hello guys, I am stuck here:

How do I make 1000 samples of n = 10 observations from an Exponential
distribution and then compute the mean for all those 1000 samples?

Basically I need to prove the Central Limit theorem, which states:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22664113/d175f06cbf200bd52a2c27a2e56dc594.png

Where the Sn is sum of random variables, n we have from the question, mu is
mean and (sigma)^2 is variance.

I am having trouble setting up the function to do this.

Any help apreciated!