[R] CONFIDENCE INTERVAL FOR GLMER MODEL

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 24 14:08:53 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:25 AM, LiatL <liat.lampel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've built a poisson regression model for multiple subjects by using the
> GLMER function. I've also developed some curves for defining its limits but
> I did not succeed in developing confidence interval for the model's curve
> (confint or predict does not work - only for glm).
> Does anyone know how can I produce confidence interva for a glmer model?
> I'll appriciate any help...

You would need to be more explicit about what you mean by "the model's
curve" and what the confidence interval would represent, in the sense
of what components of the variability would be incorporated in the
confidence interval, before we could answer such a question.

May I suggest that the discussion be moved to the
R-SIG-Mixed-Models at R-project.org mailing list, which I have cc:d on
this reply?