[R] Competing risks Kalbfleisch & Prentice method

Eleni Rapsomaniki er339 at medschl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 15:17:58 CET 2009

Thank you for your reply.

It wasn't too hard to code actually, which is probably why it doesn't
have a special package dedicated to it. The results are almost identical
to Fine & Gray regression model. The problem with the latter is that my
colleagues are not convinced that the model assumptions (people who die
from competing causes remaining in the risk set) are theoretically
sound.

If anybody is interested in the Kalbfleisch & Prentice based cumulative
incidence adjusting for competing risks with covariates, I'm happy to
supply the code.

Eleni Rapsomaniki

Research Associate
Tel:     +44 (0) 1223 740273
Strangeways Research Laboratory
Department of Public Health and Primary Care
University of Cambridge