[R] constraint optimization: solving large scale general nonlinear problems

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Fri Mar 27 19:36:37 CET 2009

Can you tell us more about your obj function, f, and the equality constraints g_k?

Do you really have as many equality constraints as the number of variables?  Are these all non-linear?  Can't you find the roots of this system of equations?  If yes, you could find all the roots (with multiple starts or some other search technique) and choose the one that maximizes f(x).

Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
School of Medicine