[R] asking advice for Integer Programming packages

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:29:56 CEST 2009

Looking into the 'Optimization' task view you will also identify the
Rsymphony package. A short overview of these packages and a benchmark
based on a test suite can be found in

  <http://www.rmetrics.org/Meielisalp2008/Presentations/Theussl2.pdf>.

Different problems may have quite different running times applying the
underlying procedures. So the question is not so much about ease of use,
but how well they fit with the problem.

Regards, Hans Werner