[R] a loop for boxplot graphs

Coen van Hasselt coenvanhasselt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:50:26 CEST 2009

You could use the paste() function to dynamically assign label values.
For instance, like this:

dat<-data.frame(id=1:4,x=1:4,y=1:4)
par(mfrow=c(2,2))
for (i in dat$id){
boxplot(dat$x[dat$id==i],
	  dat$y[dat$id==i],
	  main=paste("Results for Subject",i) )
}

There might be a better answer though- e.g. avoiding a for-loop.

Coen