[R] Constrined dependent optimization.

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 20:51:19 CEST 2009

Apparently, the convergence is faster if one uses this new swap function:

swapfun <- function(x,N=100) {
 loc <- c(sample(1:(N/2),size=1,replace=FALSE),sample((N/2):100,1))
 tmp <- x[loc[1]]
 x[loc[1]] <- x[loc[2]]
 x[loc[2]] <- tmp
}

It seems that within 20 millions of iterations, one gets the exact
optimal solution, which does not take too long.

Paul