[R] use R Group SFBA April meeting reminder; video of Feb k

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 00:55:09 CEST 2009

On 30-Mar-09 22:13:04, Jim Porzak wrote:
> Next week Wednesday evening, April 8th, Mike Driscoll will be talking
> about "Building Web Dashboards using R"
> see: http://www.meetup.com/R-Users/calendar/9718968/ for details & to
> RSVP.
>
> Also of interest, our member Ron Fredericks has just posted a well
> edited video of the February kickoff panel discussion at Predictive
> Analytics World "The R and Science of Predictive Analytics: Four Case
> Studies in R" with
>     * Bo Cowgill, Google
>     * Itamar Rosenn, Facebook
>     * David Smith, Revolution Computing
>     * Jim Porzak, The Generations Network
> and chaired by Michael Driscoll, Dataspora LLC
>
> see: http://www.lecturemaker.com/2009/02/r-kickoff-video/
>
> Best,
> Jim Porzak

It could be very interesting to watch that video! However, I have
had a close look at the web page you cite:

  http://www.lecturemaker.com/2009/02/r-kickoff-video/

and cannot find a link to a video. Lots of links to non-video
things, but none that I could see to a video.

There is a link on that page at:
  How Google and Facebook are using R
  by Michael E. Driscoll | February 19, 2009
  <http://dataspora.com/blog/predictive-analytics-using-r/>

Following that link leads to a page, on which the first link, in:

  <(March 26th Update: Video now available)>
  Last night, I moderated our Bay Area R Users Group kick-off
  event with a panel discussion entitled "The R and Science of
  Predictive Analytics", co-located with the Predictive Analytics
  World conference here in SF.

leads you back to where you came from, and likewise the link at
the bottom of the page:

  <A video of the event> is now available courtesy of Ron Fredericks
  and LectureMaker.

Could you help by describing where on that web page it can be found?
With thanks,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 30-Mar-09                                       Time: 23:55:07