[R] use R Group SFBA April meeting reminder; video of Feb k

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 01:49:11 CEST 2009

On 30-Mar-09 23:04:40, Jim Porzak wrote:
> Since Sundar beat me to it w/ Firefox 3 test, I checked with IE 7.0 -
> works fine for me there also.
>
> -Jim

Interesting! I'm using Iceweasel 2.0.0.19  (Firefox under another
name) on Linux. I'll have to check out what blocks it has activated!
I put on a fragrantly scented facemask and started IE up on Windows.
Going to the same URL, I now find a big "video screen" just below
the line:

The R and Science of Predictive Analytics: Four Case in R -- The Video

And it duly plays.

But at the same place in my Firefox, I only see a little button
inviting me to "Get Adobe Flash Player". But I already have that
installed for Iceweasel!. Well, maybe it needs updating. Let me
try that ... It says "Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.22.87" and
I have flashplayer_9 already there, so ... (some time later) I now
have flashplayer_10 installed, but I still get the same result.
Hmmm ....
Well, thanks for helping to locte what the problem might be!
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 31-Mar-09                                       Time: 00:49:08