[R] what is R equivalent of Fortran DOUBLE PRECISION ?

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Tue Mar 31 04:45:03 CEST 2009

>From the help page for "Foreign"
> ?Foreign

 Numeric vectors in R will be passed as type double * to C (and as double precision to Fortran)

Also, see the help page for "double"

> ?double

 R has no single precision data type. All real numbers are stored in double precision format.
 The functions as.single and single are identical to as.double and double except they set
 the attribute Csingle that is used in the .C and .Fortran interface, and they are intended
 only to be used in that context.

HTH

Steven McKinney, Ph.D.

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

email: smckinney +at+ bccrc +dot+ ca

tel: 604-675-8000 x7561

BCCRC