[R] CV and GCV for finding smoothness parameter

Nora Velvet dreaming_of_illusions at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:22:09 CEST 2009

I received an assignment that I have to do in R, but I'm absolutely not very
good at it.
The task is the following:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22804957/question8.jpg

To do this, we also get the following pieces of code (not in correct order):
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22804957/hints.jpg

I'm terrible at this and I'm completely stuck. The model I chose can be
found in here:
myknots6 = c(20,24,34)
p.spline8 = spm(accel ~ f(times,basis="trunc.poly",degree=2,knots=myknots6))

Can someone please help me with this task? I'm kind of desperate.

Thank you!