[R] R2WinBUGS not working?

Paul Heinrich Dietrich paul.heinrich.dietrich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:25:02 CET 2009

This weekend I noticed that my R2WinBUGS connection was no longer working on
my Windows computer at work AND my Ubuntu linux computer at home.  As soon
as WinBUGS opens, the message reads Index Out Of Range.  I have un-installed
and re-installed R on both computers and the problem remains the same.  At
first I thought it was the new version of R, but I was able to overcome the
problem (on Windows only) with the use of

program="openbugs"

in R2WinBUGS.  But that doesn't work on Linux.

PS
The smallest WinBUGS program I have, essentially a t-test, still works.  But
anything larger than that gets the error.

Help.  Thanks.