[R] OpenOffice Calc ODBC equivalent (SOLVED)

Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres krcabrer at une.net.co
Tue Nov 3 21:20:52 CET 2009

Thank you Dr. Schwartz:

I did not read this post before,
> See this post from late 2007:
>
>    http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e3/help/07/12/6478.html
>
> As far as I know, nothing has changed vis-a-via ODBC connectivity TO
> OpenOffice files. You can use ODBC FROM OpenOffice to connect to
> external data sources.
Yes, I found that too.
> A search of CRAN does not reveal any packages/functions to would
> appear to provide a facility to directly write data frames to a Calc
> file. However, you can always write to a XLS file,
Yes, I am going to do that.
> open it in Calc and
> re-save it as a native Calc file. Of course, anyone with Calc can open
> an XLS file, so you are not losing much in terms of portability by
> saving to an XLS file and distributing that. You also make it easier
> for folks who may be using other 'office' applications that do not
> have import filters for OO.org file formats.

I was looking for xlsReadWrite package, but it seems that
it is removed form the CRAN repository, then I found your WriteXLS
package, which I am going to use.

I see that dataframes2xls is other package that can helps me too.

Thank you for your help.