[R] variable selectin---reduce the numbers of initial variable

bbslover dluthm at yeah.net
Wed Nov 4 13:23:56 CET 2009

hello,

my problem is like this: now after processing the varibles, the remaining
160 varibles(independent) and a dependent y. when I used PLS method, with 10
components, the good r2 can be obtained. but I donot know how can I express
my equation with the less varibles and the y. It is better to use less
indepent varibles.  that is how can I select my indepent varibles.   Maybe
GA  is good method, but now I donot gasp it. and can you give me more good
varibles selection's methods.   and In R, which method can be used to select
the potent varibles .  and using the selected varibles to model a equation
with higher r2, q2,and less RMSP.

thank you!