[R] R and Python

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 16:21:41 CET 2009

As far as I know the latest versions of neither RSpython nor rpy2
support Windows. For accessing SymPy (which is a python computer
algebra system) from R rSymPy went with jython.  Its slower than
cpython, particularly the startup, but it should work on all
platforms.  See
  http://rsympy.googlecode.com
The latest version is 0.1-4.

If ruby is an option see the rinruby project for accessing R from
ruby.  There is a paper on it on jstatsoft.org .

If java is an option see the RServe package for accessing R from java.
 Also in the other direction the rJava package can be used to access
java from R.