[R] Graph to show that very few classes has maximum best performers

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Nov 5 08:09:11 CET 2009

On 11/05/2009 03:14 PM, Sunita Patil wrote:
> Hello Jim
>
> This seems to work but the problem is my dataset is very large so the
> image is not coming clear, its all mixed up. my dataset contains 150
> rows. in such case what has to be done?

Hi Sunita,
I don't think that staircase.plot will be suitable for 150 values unless
you define a very large device of almost a meter in the direction of
plotting. Try this and see how you like it:

x11(width=15,height=4)
plot(sundat$class_no,sundat$best_performers,
  type="h",xaxt="n",xlab="Class number",
  ylab="Number of best performers",
  main="Best performers by class")
library(plotrix)