[R] plot legend from file

Kim Vanselow Vanselow at gmx.de
Thu Nov 5 11:10:48 CET 2009

Dear r-helpers,
I want to plot a legend (using legend())into an ordination plot (nmds produced by vegan/metaMDS). I used the output of a cluster analysis to create groups. I created a new .csv-file with 2 columns, one with the site ID used in the ordination, one with the group label derieved from the cluster dendrogram. I used this file to display the site-labels in differnt group-specified colours (using col=groupfile$grouplabel). This works. But now I want to create a legend with these groups and groupcolours from this file. I did not find anything in tutorials or help files about this. Maybe you have an idea?
Thank you very much
Kim