[R] new help pages in R 2.10.0

Antonio.Gasparrini at lshtm.ac.uk Antonio.Gasparrini at lshtm.ac.uk
Thu Nov 5 21:10:05 CET 2009

Dear R-users,

I've just installed the last version of R (2.10.0) in Windows and found a completely new version of the help pages.
Basically, they now appear as a simple (even if slightly embellished) text file.
I tried to install it with a customized startup and realized that the old CHM files (the default for Windows up to 2.9.2) are not included anymore as a possible choice.

I don't know if this is due to some mistake I've done, but otherwise would be a major drawback of the new version.
The opportunity to navigate through different help pages using the links in the old R was really useful.

At the moment I re-installed the old R 2.9.2, but I hope this will change in later versions.
Or at least, that the user could have the opportunity to choose the help pages he deems more suitable for his purposes.

I hope someone could give some details
Regards,

Antonio Gasparrini
Public and Environmental Health Research Unit (PEHRU)
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Office: 0044 (0)20 79272406 - Mobile: 0044 (0)79 64925523