[R] variable selectin---reduce the numbers of initial variable

bbslover dluthm at yeah.net
Fri Nov 6 02:51:24 CET 2009

thank all friends to discuss this problem, my data is   54*160 matrix. PLS is
a good method, can it give a equation with y~selected little vriables?  for
exmaple:
y	Sv	Sp	Ms	nCIR	nAB	nC	nN	nO	nX	ZM1V
1	7.62	31.45	33.44	2.37	2	12	18	6	2	0
2	8.34	32.26	33.92	2.36	3	18	20	6	2	0
3	7.79	30.97	32.89	2.41	2	12	18	5	3	0
4	7.83	27.75	29.47	2.37	2	12	16	6	1	0
5	7.63	29.35	31.23	2.33	2	12	17	6	1	0
6	7.45	30.94	32.99	2.3	2	12	18	6	1	0
7	7.97	33.35	35.23	2.29	3	18	21	6	1	0
8	8.93	24.47	25.64	2.46	4	12	14	6	2	0
9	8.67	24.95	26.19	2.41	4	12	14	7	1	0
10	9.36	25.04	26.83	2.38	4	12	14	6	1	0
11	8.93	24.47	25.64	2.46	4	12	14	6	2	0
12	7.46	33.05	35.2	2.34	2	12	19	6	2	0
13	7.54	34.05	36.2	2.29	3	12	20	6	2	0
14	8.34	27.66	29.16	2.38	4	12	16	6	2	0
15	8.1	29.26	30.92	2.35	4	12	17	6	2	0
16	8.69	27.06	28.4	2.35	5	12	16	6	2	0
17	7.39	34.53	36.76	2.26	3	12	20	7	1	0
18	9.48	21.15	22.58	2.35	2	12	12	5	0	1
19	8.3	20.35	22.1	2.36	1	6	10	5	0	1
20	9.21	18.15	19.58	2.33	2	6	9	5	0	1
21	7.85	24.54	26.63	2.16	2	6	13	5	0	1
22	9.05	22.75	24.34	2.31	2	12	13	5	0	1
23	8.9	19.26	20.8	2.44	1	6	9	5	1	1
24	9.75	22.66	24.03	2.54	2	12	13	5	1	1
25	8.37	20.45	21.72	2.27	2	12	12	5	0	0
26	7.77	23.64	25.24	2.2	2	12	14	5	0	0
27	7.54	25.24	27.01	2.17	2	12	15	5	0	0
28	7.88	24.64	26.24	2.13	3	12	15	5	0	0
29	10.59	21.85	23.44	2.42	2	12	12	5	0	2
30	9.25	23.26	24.8	2.37	2	12	13	5	1	1
31	8.4	25.94	27.86	2.26	2	12	15	5	0	1
32	8.14	27.54	29.63	2.24	2	12	16	5	0	1
33	12.02	22.23	23.93	2.35	2	12	12	5	0	2
34	10.27	22.57	23.73	2.74	2	12	12	6	2	1
35	9.96	22.55	23.82	2.51	2	12	13	6	0	1
36	8.89	30.45	32.32	2.26	3	18	19	5	1	1
37	9.15	26.37	28.01	2.5	2	12	15	5	2	1
38	8.64	25.34	27.11	2.29	2	12	14	6	0	1
39	8.61	28.45	30.32	2.23	3	12	16	6	1	1
40	9.23	25.25	26.8	2.5	2	12	14	6	1	1
41	9.36	22.14	23.59	2.41	2	12	12	6	0	1
42	9.04	32.96	34.78	2.4	3	18	20	6	2	1
43	9.05	22.75	24.34	2.31	2	12	13	5	0	1
44	9.25	23.26	24.8	2.37	2	12	13	5	1	1
45	9.05	22.75	24.34	2.31	2	12	13	5	0	1
46	10.59	21.85	23.44	2.42	2	12	12	5	0	2
47	9.07	25.37	27.01	2.39	2	12	14	5	2	1
48	11.7	22.55	24.3	2.48	2	12	12	5	0	3
49	11.7	22.55	24.3	2.48	2	12	12	5	0	3
50	9.41	25.76	27.26	2.54	2	12	14	6	2	1
51	9.07	27.36	29.02	2.5	2	12	15	6	2	1
52	8.52	30.56	32.54	2.45	2	12	17	6	2	1
53	8.36	37.75	40.06	2.33	3	18	23	6	2	1
54	8.33	31.04	33.09	2.41	2	12	17	7	1	1

I want to obtain a equation with less varible. e.g. y~Sv+Sp+Ms+nCIR, wich
method can give it like that, not only resut like r2 q2 rms etc.  thank you!