[R] Web implementation of R?

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Fri Nov 6 08:03:52 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Sam Albers <tonightsthenight at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good example of web implementation of R? Can't seem
> to find anything on my own.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sam

What do you mean by "web implementation"?

  An interactive session?
  A server to submit jobs to?
  A website that presents results generated by R?

The best web-based application I have seen that allows you to interact
with R, is the version included in the Sage mathematics system.  You
can access it at:

  http://www.sagenb.org

It requires that you sign up for a free account (to prevent abuse of
the server) and cannot use R for graphics output (which is 90% of what
makes R fun in my opinion), but it's the best online R-enabled
notebook I have found.  The Sage project it's self is pretty
interesting, you can check them out at:

  http://www.sagemath.org

If you were looking for something other than an interactive web-based
R session, then you will have to provide some more clarification.

Hope this helps!

-Charlie