[R] Grouped barplot with variable bar width

Schulz-Trieglaff, Ole oschulz-trieglaff at illumina.com
Fri Nov 6 11:36:08 CET 2009

Hi,

I am trying create a grouped barplot (with beside=T) and would like to
plot the bar groups, not the individual bars, with a variable width.

To give an example, I would like all bars in the first group to have the
default size of 1, all bars in the second group 2, in the third 3, etc.

If I use width=c(1,2,3,..), it applies these settings to individual
bars, e.g. the first bar in the first group has size 1, the second bar
size 2, etc. which is not what I want.

Is there are way to accomplish this? Sorry if this has been discussed
before, I searched on the web and the archive of this list but could not
find anything.

Regards,

Ole Schulz-Trieglaff

---