[R] EM algorithm to fit circular mix of uniform+Von Mises

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca
Sun Nov 8 00:37:10 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has coded an Expectation-Maximization algorithm
that could help me model some circular data I have. I'd like to model
it as a mixture of uniform and Von Mises centered on 0, so the only
free parameters is the mixing proportion and the kappa of the Von
Mises. I couldn't find anything in the contributed packages that
seemed to suit this purpose. Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

--
Mike Lawrence
Graduate Student

Looking to arrange a meeting? Check my public calendar:
http://tr.im/mikes_public_calendar

~ Certainty is folly... I think. ~