[R] rd doc truncated with R 2.10.0

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Nov 8 23:37:31 CET 2009

Patrick Giraudoux a écrit :
> Duncan Murdoch a écrit :
>> On 08/11/2009 12:07 PM, Patrick Giraudoux wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am routinely compiling a package and since I have moved to R
>>> 2.10.0, it troncates some section texts in the doc:
>>>
>>> With the following section in the rd file:
>>>
>>> \details{
>>>  The function calls gpsbabel via the system. The gpsbabel program
>>> must be present and on the user's PATH for the function to work see
>>> <http://www.gpsbabel.org/>. The function has been tested on the
>>> following Garmin GPS devices: Etrex Summit, Etrex Vista Cx and
>>> GPSmap 60CSx.
>>> }
>>>
>>> ...compiling under R 2.9.2 (rcmd build --binary --auto-zip pgirmess)
>>> I get this
>>>
>>> Details:
>>>
>>>      The function calls gpsbabel via the system. The gpsbabel program
>>>      must be present and on the user's PATH for the function to work,
>>>      see <http://www.gpsbabel.org/>. The function has been tested on
>>>      the following Garmin GPS devices: Etrex Summit, Etrex Vista Cx and
>>>      GPSmap 60CSx.
>>>
>>> and compiling now under R 2.10.0
>>>
>>> Details:
>>>
>>>      The function has been tested on the following Garmin GPS devices:
>>>      Etrex Summit, Etrex Vista Cx and GPSmap 60CSx. The function calls
>>>      gpsbabel via the system. The gpsbabel program must be presen
>>>

>>> Has anyone an explanation and a workaround ?
>>
>> You will need to make the complete file available to us to diagnose
>> this.  Is it in pgirmess 1.4.0?  Which topic?
>>
>> Duncan Murdoch
>>
> OK. Will send it offlist.
>
> Patrick

Just to end up the thread, here is the solution, thanks to Duncan Murdoch:

"It was an embarassing bug in the C code that did tab expansion:  it
could only handle lines with 200 chars in them, and yours had about 270,
so the last part was lost.

It will soon be fixed in R-patched, to become 2.10.1 in due course.

Duncan Murdoch"