[R] Hand-crafting an .RData file

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:19:12 CET 2009

You can try read.csv.sql in the sqldf package. It reads a file into an
sqlite database which it creates for you using RSQLite/sqlite thus
effectively its done outside of R.  Then it extracts the portion you
specify using an sql statement and destroys the database.   Omit the
sql statement if you want the entire file.  Don't know if its faster
than read.table when used in that way but its only one line of code so
you could easily try it.  See example 13 on home page:
http://sqldf.googlecode.com