[R] Error: cannot allocate vector of size...

maiya maja.zaloznik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:32:25 CET 2009

OK, it's the simple math that's confusing me :)

So you're saying 2.4GB, while windows sees the data as 700KB. Why is that
different?

And lets say I could potentially live with e.g. 1/3 of the cases - that
would make it .8GB, which should be fine? But then my question is if there
is any way to sample the rows in read.table? Or what would be the best way
of importing a random third of my cases?

Thanks!

M.