[R] All possible combinations of functions within a function

bikemike42 mlt35 at tamu.edu
Tue Nov 10 20:05:02 CET 2009

Dear All,

I wrote a function for cluster analysis to compute cophenetic correlations
between dissimilarity matrices (using the VEGAN library) and cluster
analyses of every possible clustering algorithm (SEE ATTACHED)
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26288610/cor.coef.R cor.coef.R .  As it is now,
it is extremely long, and for the future I was hoping to find a more
efficient way of doing this sort of thing.

To give you an outline of the function, first I create the  dissimiarity
matrices using all possible methods in the VEGAN command "vegdist", then
create the clusters using all possible algorithms in "hclust" and the
dissimilarity matrices I crated, then create a table, and in one column,
list all combinations, and in the other, compute and put the cophenetic
correlation.

Any help would be appreciated!  I'm pretty new to writing my own functions
but I see great time-saving potential.

Thanks!
Mike