[R] R echo code chunk runs off the page using Lyx and Sweave

Mark Connolly mark_connolly at acm.org
Tue Nov 10 23:33:31 CET 2009

Thanks.  I guess it kind of works for me as well.  The contents of a
dataframe will display in the specified width, but doing a
str(dataframe) will happily run past the width set in options and use up
the device width (command line).  I guess this may be my issue.
Options(width) does work for displaying the contents of an object (a
dataframe, for example) in the document, but whatever device geometry
exists for long lines of R output seems to be wider than my document,
and long code chunks, str(dataframe) output and the like run past the
edge of the document page margin when PDF is rendered.

So I guess the question is: Can I set device geometry somewhere so that
chunks of R code wrap inside a specified width when a document is
rendered?  I am using Lyx, but I think this may be between Latex and R
(as orchestrated by Sweave).  Maybe the answer for Latex is the same
answer for Lyx.